What skills have You developed throughout this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
Adopt a Band was a self-initiated project that was started in order to united designers and musicians. As a self initiated project we had to come up with ways of promoting and keeping it going and live without outside help. That was the most challenging bit as well as setting ourselves deadlines as there never was any rush with it. We spent most of the time conceptualising and coming up with ideas for visuals and setting ourselves tasks and challenges that would lead us to more views and notices. I developed branding and web skills. I’ve improved with photography and collaborative skills. Also realised that self-initiated projects should have quite strict deadlines and a constant working time. Me and Suzanne both enjoyed collaborating as it came quite naturally to us. We were even thinking to use ‘Adopt A Band’ for our start up business but due to circumstances it became just a collaborative project that hopefully will run through even in the future.
What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on them?
Working together with another person was an interesting experience and I have learned so many different skills and ways of looking to a project. We also looked into business planning side and considered possible profits and outcomes. We managed to get bands interested but then we realized that we didn't have enough time to actually pursue the ‘making’ and ‘doing’ of their requests so we decided to put it off until the deadlines ended. We notified everyone through e-mails and social media about the changes. Communication has been one of our strengths and sharing responsibilities between each other.
Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
1. Strict deadlines. Looking back I think more could have been done if we had more strict deadlines and clearer outcomes and a yearly aim. For the next upcoming year of Adopt A Band we will need a clearer aim and deadlines as well as planning in where will the work hours go into?
2. Expectations. Sometimes putting expectations high might lead you to not being able to focus on the process. Thinking ahead is good until it keeps your head in the game and helps you concentrate on what’s in front of you.
3. Execute the project. Great execution is the main thing that will bring success to any project. I feel there wasn’t enough coverage about the project. Even though we used social media I feel we could have gotten more attention if involving more people and actually collaborating with more bands through the year which we will do in the future.
4. Don’t try to put two apples in one mouth. Being selfish can sometimes stop the project from growing. I think this project could have grown more if more people were to collaborate on it. We wanted to do all these great projects and help all these bands but didn't plan the time to actually do that that left us postponing the project opening and start/ Sometimes evaluating our own separate projects is as important as the project itself, Considering the outside world is definitely going to become a thing in my life. Feasibility and doability according to resources.
5. Find ways to get payed. A project this big needs a sponsor in order to proceed with the idea and have time to do that. I think the time has come to start considering the costs for everything and trying to get sponsors or get paid for the projects.
5 being best, 1 being bad.
Quantity of work produced 4
Quality of work produced 5Contribution to the group 5